Dark Chocolate Cheesecake
350g dark chocolate biscuits (I use Romany Creams)
50g dark chocolate chips
100g butter, melted
800g cream cheese, room temperature
200g crème fraîche, room temperature
180g castor sugar
40g cocoa powder, sifted
1 Tbs espresso granules
200g dark chocolate, melted and cooled
100g dark chocolate, melted (Optional)
- Place chocolate biscuits and chocolate chips into a food processor and pulse until fine.
- Mix in the butter, then press into a spring form tin.
- Refrigerate while making the filling.
- Preheat oven to 100C.
- In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, crème fraiche, sugar, cocoa, espresso, eggs and melted chocolate until smooth.
- Bake for about 1 hour 10 minutes or until the cheesecake is set and the middle is still slightly wobbly.
- Cool completely at room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until set completely.
- Drizzle the dark chocolate over the cold cheesecake, then slice and serve.